Saturday 16 April 2016

Movie as Time Machine

How often does it happen when somebody glance through the list of movies released in a particular year(date wise) in Wikipedia starting from January to December just to recollect, get connected and relive the olden days. It is learnt that odour, songs, movies,  typical weather phenomena or weather pattern are few of the things which are very strong reminders of things which had happened in the past. Going though the same experience, like coming across a particular song or movie takes us back to that time when it had actually happened. After a tight March target coming to an end and Govt of Odisha declaring it as a morning office, there is not much to look forward to other than watching IPL. Off late, for last 1 month or so, I m learning driving which I should ideally have done at least a decade back but never the less my driver is kind enough to take all pain to teach me and I m happy that its working. Apart from this driving training which is keeping me occupied, there isn’t much to do  in Bolangir in this hot summer where temperature is touching 45 degrees. During the last 15 days, I am going to Collector Res on and off to play badminton.I should better be regular at it. We have been told in academy to learn at least one racquet game well which would be a saviour in field posting. Taking a que from that I had given badminton as my ECM in academy. But as I was not good at it and looking at people playing like pro restricted me to visit badminton court only during mandatory ECM sessions just to avoid feeling inadequate. Feeling inadequate is a trap. The more you try to avoid it, nature will throw more situations to feel you the same and more it get reinforced.  Nothing comes easy in life. Hope I would be able to better off my badminton skills here.
            Coming back to the topic with which I started this blog with- movies. It all started today while I was watching Mumbai Indians Vs. Gujrat Lions match where Mumbai performed a patchy show and having a little soft corner towards MI coz of the fact that Sachin is associated with it, I started browsing hindi movie channel and eventually came across ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’ in one of the HD channels. I still remember watching this movie in a shoddy theatre near Rourkela Railway station during my college days. I searched the movie name in Wikipedia to know the date of release just to recollect the time and the things happening in my life during that time. It was a mid August release of 2006. I would probably had just got placed in TCS in campus interview.  I remember, we were forced to sit in plastic chairs at the back of theatre. I started searching list of hindi movies released in 2007, 2008, 2009 etc. I could recollect during my ILP days in Coimbatore where I bought a new cell phone ( some model of sony ericsson ) where I used to listen to music from ‘Awarapan’ which was a big hit then. Those trips to Ooty and Kovalam beach I could recollect which was the first time I got to see world with a wider view in a true sense. ‘Bhool Bhulaiya’ was my first movie in Delhi which I watched at PVR Priya with one of my school friends who was studying MBA in Jaipur then and had come to meet me in Delhi. I had bought a brown winter jacket at a nearby shop in PVR Priya campus and I have one photograph wearing it available in internet coz that photograph I had given to Coaching institutes during my preparation days. Going back to memory line through this movie thing is good. It reminds us the life we once lead and people who were associated with us then.
  
              

4 comments:

  1. Nostalgic read.. It took me to my college days memories and cherish it for a while.
    Honestly, movies are d best way to connect to past. I could still remember watching Beta with my mom..1992!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anupam :) Just day before yesterday i gotta hear about U being the new collector of Koraput.It took me through a series of flash backs of those ILP days in coimbatore.It really really feels great to see a friend reaching the top of the ladder. Keep up the simplicity ,honesty and dedication and please do fight against corruption.Odisha truely needs it.. Heartiest congratulations once again and all the very best for ur future endeavour .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Thank you... How you hav been? How's life?

      Delete
    2. Me doing good.At present in Bhubaneswar.Hows u doing?

      Delete