Sunday 6 May 2012

AIR - 35

Finally... I got what I have been chasing for last 4 years - IAS. The best part is that I got All India Rank - 35... a few notches above my expectation.. I was expecting a rank around 100 considering my mains and interview performance and the way UPSC awarded marks in my previous attempt...

                I have become Odisha topper too... Its really amazing feeling.. For last 48 hrs I have been receiving congratulatory phone calls from people known to me as well as from alien ones... emotions are running high in my home town Kesinga.. anyways I am going home on 8th.. dying to be among the near and dear ones...

                Some of the deserving candidates couldn't make it to the list.. feeling sad for them..  it happens every year... the bottom line is that in one particular attempt everything will click for u and u may land up getting an outstanding rank.

                People are asking me several questions regarding how to prepare for this exam.... I'll try to write in detail about that in my subsequent posts.... but for the preliminary information sake I would like to say that It was my 3rd attempt and I had Geography and Public Administration as my optionals..

                In my 1st attempt I coudn't clear the PT because I was not able to assess the demand of the examination itself.. In my 2nd attempt, I studied very hard for PT and exhausted myself completely... I cleared the exam but cudn't prepare properly for mains.. the mains was a half hearted attempt.. that was a blunder.... but I could manage to score 892 marks!!(missed interview call for 10 odd marks).. that gave me enormous confidence...

                In 3rd attempt... I managed PT very well.. Studied hard for mains... But again I commited another blunder... I couldn't sleep the day before the GS papers.. It reflected in the exam hall... I misread a question also.. Anyways I managed that... I pat myself for my character that day... I never lose hope.. I tried to give my best performance inspite of the hostile situation.. Geogarphy paper 1, Pub.ad paper 2 and essay paper went flaw less.. but I left unknowingly one 15 markers question each in Geog-2 and Pub ad-1.. I have syndrome of committing this type of mistake since my school days... anyways mains was good.. I gave much importance to presentation aspect.. I think that has paid... 

               I cleared mains... It was Alka Sirohi board for interview.... It went for well around 25-30 mins.. Board was very cooperative.. I was able to answer 80-90 percent of the questions...

               The marks are not yet out.. We are wating for that... that will give a better picture of my performance....

               I am very very thankful to god for this stupendous success....               

              

48 comments:

  1. congratulations again sir... u have really made us odia's proud....( i msged u in fb) my optionals are same as u... i intend to go to delhi this june and take coaching ( i have chosen pavan kumar for pub ad and alok ranjan for geography)

    where did you go for these 2 subjects....
    Ur advice in this matter will help me in finalising my coaching classes for the optionals...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pavan sir is too gud... his 7days performance improvement course helped me lot... u consider neetu singh also.. i took coaching thr... but anyways its ur call

      Delete
    2. Thank you sir ....
      How is neetu singh madam ... does she covers everything from basic..... n does she helps with ans writing technique....

      Lyk do her lecture,discussion and notes cover a substantial portion in an exam oriented way?

      Delete
    3. neetu madam's notes covers most of the syllabus... that has to be supplemented by text book reading and answer writing practice

      Delete
  2. Nicely written.Will definitely show path to other IAS aspirant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anupam, though I lost contact with many, I never forgot my juniors... When I heard about the result from Ajit last Friday, it was an ecstatic moment for me and I could recall the innocent face... Though I didn't have contact, I sent my hearty congratulation through FB... All our best wishes are always with you... Do good wherever you are... -Bidya

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations sir,
    this is really inspiring for a civil service aspirant like me.
    here at NIT, rourkela we all are elated with ur grand achievement. ur success story will definitely guide us in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrt da......u make us feel proud......

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pleasure to have you as part of kalahandi and orissa. You are an inspiration for others. I hope your success will have its ripple affect on others from our district and state. I am friend of your cousin Bikash Saha. I felt good when I came to know to know a brother of my friend has topped IAS.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx for the kind words... Sorry for so late reply...

      Delete
  7. I think IAS tag has made u wiser. this is the only post worth reading in ur blog so far. earlier ones were either irrelevant,boring or unusally high in intellect. Anyway,u have got what u rightly deserved and this would always keep you grounded and humble. the bigger task ahead is not to become another officer but an outstanding one. it is the not the ias tag but the ur name itself should command respect like that of y chandrasekhar,tn sheshana,e sreedharan etc. this much gyaan is sufficient for now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Anupam for your success. As all of us know, that Preparing for Civil Service needs lot of Patience, Hard work and motivation. you have all these but sometimes you lack Motivation.... and again in a few minutes..u start saying hmmm... its ok yaar we have to study no alternate than this.. despite of your Hard work you are very Punctual, sincere, less talkative and very systematic in your study..Dear you are the deserving candidate, we expect it that you are the one who is going to be among the top 50... Wish you all the best for a bright future

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sir,
    I m a student of NITR as were you once n today is a day when i truely feel proud to be a NITRian thanks to you. You have really kept the name of our alma matter as one of the bests in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brother , I am aiming for 2013 and I want to start my preparations focused on mains as early as possible.Any coaching classes in Delhi for Public Ad that opens us this early ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I couldnt reply u then.. I hope ur prep goin well

      Delete
  12. hi anupam
    im sushanta frm sonepur working as SA at kesinga rms.i m inspird by u.i ve pub ad and oriya literature as optional .plz guide me.i m aiming for CSE 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great story .... with great success ...with rank ... finally
    congrats sir..

    ReplyDelete
  14. sir
    which is better to join according to you for geo neetu singh or alok ranjan
    i hv heard that alok ranjan do not cover second paper properly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can comment only about Neetu madam as I attended classes thr... she is good... she may not cover the entire syllabus but her notes is good for revision

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really Inspiring Story. We are thrilled.

    Viva

    ReplyDelete
  17. May i know which books have you preferd for the subjects ? what book have you studied for oryiya language paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For gegraphy, I had written a post- u can read that, I hav written names of books thr.. For oriya language, I went through previous yr questions and read 10th class grammar book for sum tym..

      Delete
  18. Sir how did u prepare for interview? And pls also tell us abt time management in exams as papers are lengthy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi brother,
    Well its not a place to discuss the career dilemma but i could not resist it and i think you may help.
    I have completed my B Tech from not so of great repute college want to chase the Civil Service dream. The problem is that i have got selected in Infosys and waiting for the joining. Without great financial backing can i go for a alternate humanities study which i am good at and prepare. As you would have noticed that i don't want to go for a corporate job anything else you may suggest as civil is not always...you know bhai..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a personal call... I can't comment much... many ppl hav cleared exam while remaining in job...

      Delete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. MOSTLY WELCOME TO KANDHAMAL DISTRICT SIR

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulation sir........
    Keep writing.......

    ReplyDelete
  23. How r u Mr Saha :) .. Hmm nice lines ..Smwhr i contributed right, those school days rivalry , arguments in Barik Sir camp :) , tense moments while results but everywhr i seen u as companion and mate with highest class .. Wish u sail along far in d success boat . Lalit Eagle Sahoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx Lalit... good wishes matter a lot...

      Delete
  24. a perfect administrator.....congrats sir.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations sir! It is a great achievement. It is an appreciable work you have done untill you got success. Top rank is really gives a big happiness to all who achieve it.
    IAS Coaching In Lucknow
    Best IAS Coaching In Lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Sir,
    My friend wants to go for civil services but he was nervous about his preparation and afraid also, how will he git success. Then, I told him about how to prepare and told him to see this blog. After that he realized that he can and now he is preparing for IAS.
    Thank you sir ! for posting such great information.
    IAS Coaching In Lucknow | IAS Institute in Lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  27. congrats sir for ur grt success.feeling proud tht u r from orissa.i jst want to knw witout going to delhi if one can prepare for civil service or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnx... yes, one can prepare frm odisha but under right guidance and proper study material...

      Delete
  28. Sir can u say me what should be read for upsc prelims

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sir can u say me what should be read for upsc prelims

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sir I am from Koraput.From day one my son has started to search your name on google.Your blogs/articles and interviews has inspired him a lot.My son is only 12 years old. How can I prepare him to write the Civil Service exam?

    ReplyDelete